Campaign called it “genius”, “today’s leader in the business section” and “advertising for real people”. It made Contagious ask if we if we need to rethink how we judge creative at Cannes. It is wedged between Rihanna and Nicki Minaj in YouTube’s own engagement ranking. It became the most subscribed to hair brand channel in the world 10 weeks after launch.
All Things Hair brings together the product expertise of Unilever and the know-how of some of the world’s best vloggers with the scale of Google and the social platform of YouTube, to bring women the hair content they want when they are looking for it.
So how does it work?
Every year, there are 11 billion hair related searches. Together with Google, we identified the biggest search terms, and built a custom Trending Tool to analyse them. This allowed us to brief our vloggers to create the right content at the right time, answering to real women’s hair needs with useful, engaging content, using the relevant Unilever products.
We then buy the trending search terms, and point users to our unique, e-commerce enabled YouTube channel.
- The Mashies, Finalist, Digital Marketing – Best International Digital Campaign
- The Mashies, Finalist, Multimedia – Best YouTube Brand Channel
- London International Awards, Bronze, Digital – Cosmetics/Toiletries/Pharmaceuticals
- The Lovies, People’s Lovies, Social: Entertainment
- The Lovies, Gold, Social: Entertainment
- The Lovies, Bronze, Social: Native Advertising
- Campaign BIG Awards, Shortlist, Direct
- Campaign BIG Awards, Silver, Interactive
- BIMA, Winner – Entertainment
- BIMA, Commended – Content
- BIMA, Winner – Data
- BIMA, Shortlisted – Engagement
- BIMA, Winner – Video
- BIMA, Winner – Consumer Goods & Services
- BIMA, Shortlisted – Grand Prix
- Webby Awards, Honoree – Social: Fashion & Beauty
- Webby Awards, Honoree – Online Film & Video /How-to & DIY
- Brand Republic Awards, Highly Commended – Specialist, Engagement
- Brand Republic Awards, Shortlisted – Product Sectors, FMCG
- SheSays Awards, Nominated – The Industry Award
- …and counting